Mweya Safari Lodge, the oldest lodge in the park is one of the luxury safari lodges giving tourists unforgettable safaris in Uganda.
Location And Environment
This lodge is in the Mweya peninsula in Queen Elizabeth National Park and the snow-capped Rwenzori Mountains engirdle it.
The Great Rift Valley hills are on the East of the lodge and the flowing Kazinga Channel separates it from the Rwenzori Mountains.
Accommodations At Mweya Safari Lodge In Africa
- 32 Standard Rooms
- 12 Deluxe Rooms
- 2 Suites
- Tents and Cottages. These include 2 family cottages, Queen’s Cottages, a presidential Cottages, and 4 tents (2 doubles, and 2 twins).
Amenities At Mweya Safari Lodge Uganda
Presidential Cottage Amenities
- A balcony has extraordinary views of the Kazinga channel.
- The main bedroom with a king-size bed.
- A luxury bathroom, en-suite with a shower and a sunken bathtub.
- Twin bedroom with an en-suite bathroom.
- Kitchenette with full facility.
- A luxury living room with a dining area.
- Luxury furniture and fittings.
- 41″ Plasma TV screen with DSTV connection.
- An extended balcony overlooking Kazinga Channel.
- A mini-bar fridge.
- Air Conditioner unit.
Queen’s Cottage Amenities
The Queen’s cottage is a grand balcony with enormous views of the lush vegetation and rich Uganda wildlife of the Kazinga Channel. The amenities here include,
- An ultra-luxury master bedroom with a king-sized bed.
- A bathroom, en-suite with shower, and sunken bath.
- Twin Bedroom with an en-suite bathroom.
- A large living and dining room.
- Kitchenette full facilities.
- A large Balcony.
- 41″ Plasma TV Screen with DSTV Connection.
- AC Units.
- Safes / Telephone.
Family Cottages (The Rwenzori Cottage) Amenities
The family cottages have tasteful furnishings with standalone fans for maximum comfort after a Uganda safari tour experience.
- There is one en-suite master bedroom with a king-sized bed.
- Two twin bedrooms that share a bathroom.
- Ample space in the living room to spend time as a family.
- A mini-fridge and tea and coffee services.
- There are also picturesque breathtaking views of Lake Edward and the Rwenzori Mountains.
- Natural wooden floors.
Family Cottage (The Royal Cottage) Amenities
This cottage has the same features as the Rwenzori cottage. However, it also has a 41″ Plasma TV screen with a DSTV connection (satellite). There are other amenities like
- Luxury tent amenities.
- En-suite bathrooms.
- Ceiling fans.
- Dressing tables.
- Work desks.
The cottage has wonderful deck terraces, with lounger chairs, to wonder at the spectacular views of the Kazinga channel as you safari Uganda.
Standard Room Amenities
These are single, double, and twin rooms having a simple safari atmosphere, but a unique comfort that will leave you satisfied.
The rooms are strategically positioned to the picturesque views of Lake George and Lake Edward.
You can also view the Rwenzori Mountains while you sit on the balcony watching warthogs graze.
All these rooms have fans, en-suite bathrooms, telephones, and electronic safes.
Deluxe Room Amenities
- All rooms have balcony doors in all rooms.
- Electrical safes.
- En-suite bathroom.
- Wooden Floors.
- Air conditioning units.
- Twin/double deluxe rooms have King-size beds.
- There are large windows with panoramic views of the Kazinga Channel.
- They have a spacious living room with sofas that can be used for relaxation and entertainment.
- They also feature a minibar to refresh yourselves after a long day out in the game park.
- Electronic Safes.
- An en-suite bathroom.
- Natural wooden floors.
- Large windows showing panoramic views of the Kazinga Channel.
- A Fold- up sofa bed.
Facilities And Services Offered At Mweya Safari Lodge
Visitors have a choice to either dine indoors in the stylish, formal dining room or on the veranda whose marvelous panoramic views give views of the Kazinga Channel.
The restaurant has a delicious menu of local and international specialties produced by experienced chefs.
Special barbecues and traditional dancers make memorable Saturday evenings at Mweya Safari Lodge. The restaurant also caters to those with special dietary requirements, making their safari to Uganda the most comfortable.
- Bar; has scenic views of Kazinga Channel Uganda and Lake Edward.
- Swimming Pool; overlooks the Kazinga Channel from where you can spot different wild animals cooling off in the waters.
- There is also a pool bar and wooden sun deck loungers.
- The Gift Shop; sells local crafts from East Africa and souvenirs such as guidebooks, clothing, and safari essentials.
- A Business Centre; opens from 8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week and it meets all the needs of traveling business executives, including internet access.
- Conference Facilities; these are fully equipped, air-conditioned, and with a neat boardroom service.
- A spa and wellness center; which has an exercise studio, hair salon, sauna, and steam bath treatment rooms. There is a menu of massage therapies, body treatments, facials, and hair care.
- Free Wi-Fi is also available.