4 Days Uganda Safari Tour – OVERVIEW
4 Days Uganda safari is a wonderful four days Uganda tour offering gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable NP and a wildlife safari in Queen Elizabeth Park, scenery viewing, Lake Bunyonyi & community tours.
This 4 days Uganda safari tour features the most popular Uganda Safari wildlife park- Queen Elizabeth NP boasting over 95 mammals species including the tree climbing and land-dwelling lions, elephants, buffaloes, Uganda kobs, waterbucks, spotted hyena, leopards, side stripped jackals, crocodiles, and the world’s highest concentration of hippos in one place.
The 4 days safari in Uganda also offers you gorilla trekking in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park– a UNESCO world heritage site– home to almost 50% of the mountain gorillas on earth with 19 habituated gorilla families, over 120 mammal species plus over 350 bird species counting the African green broad bill thus, worth exploring.
On 4 days safari Uganda tour, you’ll adventure Lake Bunyonyi– the most magnificent lake in Uganda dotted with 29 magical islands worth visiting for relaxation plus having a Uganda equator experience at Kayabwe for remarkable photo shoots.
4 Days Uganda Safari Tour – Prime Safari Activities
- Gorilla Trekking Experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- A Boat Cruise on Kazinga Channel & Lake Bunyonyi
- Game Drives in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- The Uganda Equator Live Adventure
- Traditional Lunch Tasting at Igongo Cultural Center Mbarara
4 Days Uganda Safari Tour – Featured Safari Destinations
- Day 1: Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 2 & 3: Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 4: The Uganda Equator/ Kampala/Entebbe Airport
4 Days Uganda Safari Tour – Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer from Kampala/Entebbe to Queen Elizabeth park & have a relaxing Evening coat cruise on Kazinga channel upon arrival
- Day 2: Undertake a morning game drive in Kasenyi sector, then proceed to Bwindi via Ishasha sector, in search of tree climbing lions.
- Day 3: Undertake gorilla trekking in Bwindi national park then transfer to lake Bunyonyi for relaxation, a boat cruise & community tours
- Day 4: Transfer to Kampala/Entebbe via the Uganda Equator Line for Photo shoots & souvenir buying.
4 Days Uganda Safari- Gorilla Trekking & Wildlife Viewing Safari – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer To Queen Elizabeth National Park, Do A Boat Cruise In The Afternoon
Around 6:00 am after breakfast at your place of stay in Kampala, your driver guide will pick you up to start your Uganda gorilla trek and wildlife safari. You embark on a 420km (6- 7 hours drive) to Queen Elizabeth park– the most prominent park in Uganda holding over 95 species of mammals including 4 of the African safari Big five except rhinos.
You’ll drive towards the west, and make a stop at Kayabwe for incredible equator experiments and photoshoots at the Uganda equator crossing monument. After, you’ll embark on the drive to Queen Elizabeth NP via a beautiful countryside of scenic tea and banana plantations.
On reaching, you’ll check in at your lodge, have lunch and embark on a 2 hours boat cruise on Kazinga channel starting at 2 pm. While on a cruise, you’ll spot over 100s of hippos submerged in water, uncountable crocodiles basking along channel edges, elephants bathing, and hippos wallowing in mud plus over 100 bird species counting saddle billed stocks, pelicans, cormorants, storks, etc.
Therefore, the cruise will offer you an excellent platform for photography, bird watching, and game viewing. You’ll retreat from the boat cruise and do an evening game drive along the channel track where you’ll spot Uganda kobs, bushbucks, waterbucks, topis, warthogs, etc. Continue to lodge for an overnight.
Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodge/ Katara Lodge
Midrange: Enganzi Game Lodge/ Marafiki Safari Lodge
Budget: Pumba Safari Cottages
Day 2: Do Morning Game Drive In Ishasha Sector In Search For Tree Climbing Lions, Then Proceed to Bwindi via Ishasha Sector
After breakfast at around 8.00 am, you’ll embark on a 160km (4- 7 hour drive) to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park via Ishasha sector in the south of Queen Elizabeth park in search of the famous tree climbing lions. While on the drive, you’ll spot these mysterious creatures comfortably lying in the big fig tree branches.
After the memorable encounter, you’ll continue driving through the rolling hills of southwestern Uganda to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Despite its quite scary name, Bwindi is a tropical rain forest wonderland declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994. It’s a home for also most 50% of the 1,063 mountain gorillas on earth, 350 bird species including the 23 Albertine endemics, 120 mammal species, etc. Arrive at your lodge in the evening for relaxation, dinner, and overnight.
- Luxury: Haven Lodge Buhoma/ Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp/ Buhoma Lodge
- Mid-range: Gorilla Mist Camp/ Ichumbi Lodge/ Agandi Uganda Eco-Lodge
- Budget: Trekkers Tavern Cottages/ Buhoma Community Rest Camp
Day 3: Do Mountain Gorilla Trekking, Transfer To Lake Bunyonyi For An Evening Boat Cruise
After an early breakfast, you’ll transfer to Bwindi national park headquarters with your parked lunch for a memorable lifetime adventure- gorilla trekking. Report to the park office for briefing at 8: am and also get allocated the gorilla family to track.
Bwindi has over 19 habituated gorilla groups and each group is assigned to 8 tourists. After briefing, you’ll embark on a relatively challenging trek for 2- 8 hours in search of the gentle giants. On encountering them, you spend one magical hour enjoying them communicating, feeding, grooming, and marveling at the amazing size of the silver-back and you’re free to take as many photos as you can.
After, you’ll return to the starting point to receive your gorilla trekking certificate, enjoy your packed picnic lunch and depart for Lake Bunyonyi. On arrival, you’ll embark on a boat cruise to explore the 2nd deepest lake in Africa with over 29 Islands. Retire for relaxation, dinner, and overnight.
Luxury: Birdnest @Bunyonyi Resort
Mid-range/Budget: Lake Bunyonyi Eco-resort
Day 4: Transfer From Lake Bunyonyi Back To Kampala
After your breakfast, transfer to Kampala via Mbarara and settle at Igongo Cultural Center for lunch (delicious traditional dish). You can also visit the cultural museum here and after embark on your drive to Kampala. You can further make a stop at the Equator for more photos and buy a souvenir around as memorabilia of your gorilla and wildlife safari in Uganda.
END Of The 4 Days Uganda Safari
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides, and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages/drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)